Lulu Lockjaw

Monday, July 13, 2009

This is me



Things people should know about me, but probably don’t:



I am the most insecure person you’ve ever met


I can’t take a compliment


Even when I know I did well at something, I will never say it out loud


I only focus on the bad things I did during a bout


I ask Matty 100 times the night of a bout if I played okay, at least


I yell at you because I care


I push you because I believe in you and know you can do better, even if you don’t believe it


Contrary to popular belief, winning is not the only thing I care about, I care about my team and


their feelings


I will tell you exactly how I feel, and I won’t apologize for my opinion, but I will apologize for misunderstandings or the delivery


I take action first and think later, on and off the track


I live, eat, breath, sleep derby, it’s the only thing in life I’ve ever been this passionate about and committed to


I get frustrated if I think other people aren’t as committed and competitive as I am, but then I have to realize that not everyone is like me, and that’s a good thing


I am finally realizing that perception means a lot, regardless of how I think I’m coming across or what my intention is


I want us to have 100 people in our league, fighting for 20 spots, it enhances my competiveness and pushes me to try harder and do better


I take all my shit out on the people that I love the most, which is the most hurtful thing I can do, ask my wives, I’m probably the biggest bitch of all to them


I get so nervous before a bout, it’s almost paralyzing to skate out onto the track, and every time, I ask Weezy if I can go home, she just looks at me a laughs


I don’t have friends anymore, I just have derby sisters


I love everyone on my team and in my league, they all have unique characteristics that I appreciate


I have to be the best at everything I do and I have to learn everything I can about it


People think I’m intimidating and unapproachable, which I think is funny, considering I am socially inept


I am not a bitch, but I am opinionated


I try to say what I mean, but not be mean when I say it


I would do anything for anyone

1 comment: