Lulu Lockjaw

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I needed a laugh this morning...


This is something my sister and I would have done as kids. We tried saving every animal that crossed our path. My family can't say no to an animal in need. And because of that, we've had a weird set of pets trail through our household. And because of that, I've had to say goodbye to a lot of awesome pets. My mom and I were comiserating the other day about Ginger, the raddest Weimeraner and Chocolate Lab mix. She was the ultimate beach dog and home protector. At her biggest she was 100 lbs of pure muscle. I loved that crazy dog, and only because I can't talk about her without crying, I'll spare you the details of her last days.

I guess this got me thinking. Just like I've had a spattering of weird pets, I've had a spattering of weird people in my life. Especially with derby. People I normally wouldn't be friends with. But just like I learn to love and care for my crazy pets, I learn to love and care for my crazy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment