Lulu Lockjaw

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Egotism ain't my thing...

e·go·tist
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.

ego·tistic, ego·tisti·cal adj.
ego·tisti·cal·ly adv.

I know, this isn't really derby related, well maybe it is...

Egotistical people really get my goat.

It's one thing to acknowledge when you accomplished something or to be proud of something, BUT it's a whole different story when you're constantly patting yourself on the back.

Me for example, I know when I make a mistake on the track, and I know when I do something that kicks ass. I try not to harp on the mistakes, I'll learn. I also don't wander aound telling people how great I played and how I did X,W and Z. I know what I did right and wrong, and I sure don't need to let other people know. If people want to compliment me, I will graciously take it, but blush and be uncomfortable the enitre time. I'm just not one for tooting my own horn I guess, and I think that makes me so irritated when other people do. What, are they expecting a cookie or something.

There's a difference between being insecure and being humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment